Are you passionate about curiosity-driven biomedical research to make a real impact for the benefit of patients?
Then join the BioMed X Institute and work in dedicated research projects on the biggest biomedical research challenges of our time. We look for top researchers with different scientific and cultural backgrounds. We strive to leverage synergies and foster cross-pollination for the best possible results. We believe that diversity in every aspect is the source for real innovation.
Interested in future opportunities to join BioMed X?
Working at BioMed X offers you:
- A close collaboration with like-minded outstanding scientists
- A creative cross-cultural teamwork atmosphere
- A two-to-five-year fully funded research fellowship at BioMed X Institute
- The focus on outstanding research & publications
- The full support and mentorship of experienced and renowned scientists of BioMed X’s industry and academic partners
- A platform to test disruptive ideas and change how patients are treated
- The opportunity to experience the outstanding campus environment at the University of Heidelberg, the largest biomedical research hub in Europe
- Access to state-of-the-art academic research infrastructure
- The opportunity to build and expand your academic and business network
How to apply for a new research project
New research projects start with a call for applications that will be published on our website and will be sent to candidates who registered on our crowdsourcing platform via e-mail. Interested candidates are invited to enter detailed information about their previous work and submit an original project proposal addressing the topic of the call. After a first evaluation round, selected applicants are invited to a 5-day innovation boot camp in Heidelberg, Germany. The invitation includes full coverage of travel expenses, accommodation, sightseeing and food for the entire workshop.
During the innovation boot camp all candidates work in interdisciplinary teams under the guidance of experienced mentors on their project proposals. On the final day, all ideas and results are presented in front of a distinguished jury including the top management of the project partner.
We work together at the biomedical research hub in Heidelberg, Germany. Our team of currently 60 people is highly diverse, but everyone is pursuing the same ambitious goals. Careers at BioMed X Institute are not always linear. We give each team member the chance to grow and develop their skills and know-how according to their personal qualifications and strengths. We strive to improve all the time – so we need talents and people who want to grow with us.
We are not only looking for experienced pros. Students who are interested in an internship at BioMed X do not need to apply through our application portal. Please contact the group leaders of the teams you are interested in directly und tell them via e-mail about yourself and how you want to contribute to their project’s success. You will find their e-mail addresses in the team section of this website.